Our Process: The Six Pillars Of Transformation
1. Contacting the Present Moment (Be Here Now): We help clients to live in the moment, enhancing their connection to the present and reducing preoccupation with past or future.
2. Defusion (Watch Your Thinking): Our approach teaches clients to detach from their thoughts, viewing them as temporary and non-definitive mental events.
3. Acceptance (Open Up): We guide clients to embrace all emotions, fostering resilience by reducing the struggle against difficult feelings.
4. Self-as-Context (Balancing Self-Identity): We teach clients to focus on recognizing the enduring self beyond changing experiences and roles.
5. Values (Know What Matters): We assist clients in identifying their core values to guide life decisions and foster authentic living.
6. Committed Action (Do What It Takes): We encourage clients to take action in line with their values, leading to a more meaningful and purpose-driven life.
Embarking on a journey through the Six Pillars of Transformation is a profound step towards a more fulfilling life. Integrating these principles requires dedication and introspection. Our experienced therapists are here to guide you through this process. They provide the support, insight, and expertise necessary to help you weave these pillars into the fabric of your daily life. With their guidance, you'll learn to navigate life's complexities with greater ease, align your actions with your deepest values, and embrace each moment with mindfulness and purpose. We are committed to walking alongside you as you transform challenges into opportunities for growth, fostering a life that is not just endured, but richly lived and cherished.
The six pillars come from the modality Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT).
Reality: we are here to help you get aligned with what is true; your feelings are important, but they are not always a clear indication of reality and how to make choices.
Resilience: safety is an essential part of therapy. However, more importantly we value resiliency. That is, developing more psychological strength and your ability to bounce back to life's difficulties. You can either be haunted by your past, or you can be initiated by it.
Responsibility: we are here to help you go from reactor to actor. Responsibility is the ability-to-respond to life effectively. To do what works even if you are uncomfortable. You are not a victim, you have choices.
Results: lastly, we value tangible results. We are here to help you practically create a more meaningful life. If our therapy is not helping you produce the results you want, fire us. We will then help you find a therapist that can.
Therapy is not always comfortable. Life isn't suppose to be happy all the time.
We like to parallel psychotherapy with physical therapy; because in psychotherapy you also need to stretch yourself in order to heal. Avoiding the work can create more work in the long-run. We'll spot you, but you'll need to do the heavy lifting. If you are willing to lift the weight, you can change.
Why are we different? Because we are not trying to fix, mollycoddle, or tell you what you should be doing. Rather, we are here to practically guide you in a process to work with what IS in order to create a more meaningful life.